Be sure to read our best halogen oven post.
BEHAVIOURISM: BASIC ASSUMPTIONS
- The only valid data in psychology is behaviour because behaviour is observable and can be objectively measured.
- Subjectivity should be eliminated from psychology and methods like introspection abandoned to be replaced with more objective methods.
- Learning can best be understood in terms of external causes rather than internal causes. Mental activities are useless as data.
- Behaviour is almost entirely determined by the environment (rather than by heredity/genes), so is learned (hence the term learning theory).
- Simple associations of stimuli or stimulus-response are the building blocks of all behaviour, no matter how complex.
- Laws of learning are the same for all species and can be seen in any environment.